Brown Trout Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
Trout, with their colorful markings and elusive ways, are the precious living gems of the water world. What a treat to catch one on a hand-tied mayfly imitation just to gaze upon its beauty then to return it to its home.
The brown trout, the most widespread of all Salmonid, is found in the mountain streams of Africa to the glacial streams of Iceland, and from the British Isles to Siberia.
The brown trout was introduced to North America as a game fish in 1883 to replace dwindling stocks of native rainbow and brook trout, While the brown trout is more adaptable than either of its other trout cousins, it does require clean, cool, oxygen rich water and a pH above 4.5, and is thus considered to be an indicator of clean water.
Let us be aware of how our actions as humans affect the lives of these precious beings from the water world.
artwork by Jennifer Eck © 2002
text by Tim Reap