Bald Eagle Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually in 100% biodegradable cellophane sleeve.
- Cards are blank on the inside for your message.
- Back of card has educational story, shown below in description.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
The Bald Eagle is a magnificent, awe-inspiring bird of prey. Found only in North America, they are one of the worlds largest birds, having a body size ranging from 28 to 38 inches, with a wingspan of 6 to 7 feet.
Eagles have long been considered powerful omens. Pacific coast tribes carved them into their totem poles as a symbol of strength, friendship, and prestige. An eagle is perched on top of the Iroquois Tree of Peace to symbolize unity among the tribes of the united Indian nations. In 1782 this raptor was chosen as our national symbol.
Bald Eagles are held by many people as sacred, an embodiment of the Divine. They are masters of the Sky-World who inspire our spirits to soar. For all that the Bald Eagle represents, the fact remains that they need a plentiful food source and a secluded nesting place to survive in the wild. As a nation who has honored the Bald Eagle as an emblem of freedom, can we give them the clean water and space they need?
artwork and text by Steve Sierigk