- You cannot add "Autumn Leaves Mini Journal" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Adelie Penguins Mini Journal
- Spiral bound mini journals measure 3.5″ wide x 5″ tall.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Blank pages for notes or sketching.
- There’s a story inside the cover that relates to the artwork on the front.
- Made in the USA.
- Handmade in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State
The following description appears on the inside cover of your mini-journal.
Inside Cover DESCRIPTION
Adelie penguins live in the Antarctic continent and the many small surrounding coastal islands. They spend winters in the seas surrounding the Antarctic pack ice.
Adelies feed on tiny aquatic creatures, such as shrimp-like krill, but also eat fish and squid. They generally hunt in shallow water but have been known to dive as deep as 575 feet. They are sleek, efficient swimmers.
During the spring breeding season, Adelies take to the rocky Antarctic coastline where they live in large colonies. Once on land, they build nests lined with small stones. They are capable walkers and can cover large overland distances. Just over 2 feet tall as adults, their average lifespan in the wild is 20 years.
artwork by Linda Matusich ©2008