Three Graces Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
In Greek mythology, Aglaia, Euphrosyne and Thalia were the Three Graces, the embodiments of joy, beauty and charm. They presided over joyous gatherings of gods and mortals, from banquets to dances, singing and dancing to the divine melodies of Apollo’s lyre, and bringing happiness to all in attendance.
Here they are, imagined with a southwestern flair, and a little bit of attitude. Inspired by the mysterious Kokopelli, the wandering minstrel of the ancient Anasazi, the Graces stand hand-in-hand, with their wild hair and intricate costumes. They look to each other, perhaps conspiring over how they will spread joy and cheer and bring beauty into the hearts of all those around them. And maybe their timeless dance, in turn, inspires the magical music of Kokopelli’s flute.
artwork and text by Meghan Kennedy © 2004