Spring Awakening Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
We often mark the coming of spring by the sights and sounds around us: the exciting return of Canada geese, the beauty and intoxicating scents of spring flowers, the relaxing chorus of spring peepers. We are blessed with new life, youth and energy.
People who spend time in the woods recognize a thrilling spring activity of the ruffed grouse’ drumming. Males of this species do this intensively in March and April to set territories and to let females know of their whereabouts. Bracing their feet and tails on logs, the male birds beat their wings against the air; slowly at first, then faster and faster. What results is a whirring or “drumming” sound heard by humans a quarter mile away.
The grouse is one outlet of the earths abundant energy in this time of awakening. Open your senses to the drumming of the grouse perhaps you will feel the same drumming inside your own soul.
artwork by John Sill © 1994
text by Beth Bannister