Moose Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually in 100% biodegradable cellophane sleeve.
- Cards are blank on the inside for your message.
- Back of card has educational story, shown below in description.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
In North America moose range throughout most of Canada and Alaska as well as the northern reaches of the continental US. Moose are massive herbivores capable of consuming many types of plants and fruit. They enjoy a good deal of aquatic vegetation especially for the sodium content. Moose are excellent swimmers…they have been known to dive underwater to reach plants on lake bottoms.
Except during mating season, moose are predominantly solitary animals. Males, or bull moose, have antlers like other members of the deer family. The size and growth rate of antlers is determined by diet and age; symmetry reflects good health. Females generally select mates based on antler size. Bulls use dominant displays of antlers to spar with rivals. After the mating season males shed their antlers to conserve energy for the winter. A new set of antlers will regrow in the Spring.
artwork by Steve Sierigk © 2015