Largemouth Bass Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
Fish connect us to a hidden world beneath the surface of the water. How often do we gaze into a pond or some pool in the a stream and wonder, “Are there any fish in there?”
The large mouth bass knows this world and is known to burst through the surface of the water to take a fisherman’s lure. These fish are indeed what the childhood dreams of a fisherperson are made of!
This bass is a beautiful fish that can be identified by its large mouth that extends past the eye and its olive to green colorings with a black stripe on the side and a whitish belly.
The large mouth bass feeds on aquatic insects, other fish, crawfish and frogs, and occasionally fancies small birds and mice. It enjoys healthy ponds, lakes and rivers.
Help us protect these waters so future generations may enjoy the large mouth bass.
artwork by Dan Burgevin © 2002
text by Tim Reap