Chipmunks Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
Chipmunks have large internal cheek pouches, black and white facial stripes and 5 dark stripes separated by 4 light stripes on the back and sides of their small bodies.
The least chipmunk is the lightest in color of all of the western chipmunks. They are often abundant in open coniferous forests but also reside in sagebrush deserts, pastures and rocky cliffs. Acorns, seeds, fruits, berries and grasses are their dietary staples.
A litter of 5-7 young are born in May, generally in an underground nest, although nests may also be located in trees since least chipmunks are excellent climbers.
artwork by Irene Brady © 2003
text by Steve Sierigk