Calico Pennant Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
Calico pennants are a common, widespread dragonfly found in meadows and open areas close to water. They have a bright red abdomen and a yellow face. Their wings have a brown spot on each wing tip and a larger brown patch at the base of their hind wings. Calico pennants are thought by many to be among the most beautiful of the dragonflies.
Dragonflies are an ancient order of insects; fossils resembling dragonflies date back 300 million years. These large slender insects are specialized hunters. Dragonflies have large compound eyes that nearly cover the head. Their 4 powerful wings move independently, enabling them to maneuver in an extraordinary fashion, backwards or forwards.
Dragonflies, through their metamorphosis, remind us that our true colors take time to develop. Dragonflies are filled with light and color, they can help us see through our illusions and allow our own light to shine forth.
artwork by Amelia Hansen
text by Steve Sierigk