Black-capped Chickadee Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually in 100% biodegradable cellophane sleeve.
- Cards are blank on the inside for your message.
- Back of card has educational story, shown below in description.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
The chickadee is an inquisitive , always-on-the-go little bird that inhabits deciduous and mixed deciduous-coniferous forests. Chickadees flit from branch to branch as they search for their food, primarily insect eggs and larvae; sometimes they hang upside-down, clinging to tiny twigs. They also enjoy seeds of conifers and a variety of wild fruit. They are generally year-round residents of Canada and the northern U.S., but occasionally large numbers do move southward in winter. Chickadees live in small holes in trees. Usually they excavate the holes themselves, both male and female sharing the work.
The Cherokee Indians refer to the chickadee as the bird of truth. The chickadee can teach us to express our truth in joyful ways.
artwork and text by Steve Sierigk © 2001