Bearded Iris Mini Journal
- Spiral bound mini journals measure 3.5″ wide x 5″ tall.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Blank pages for notes or sketching.
- There’s a story inside the cover that relates to the artwork on the front.
- Made in the USA.
- Handmade in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State
The following description appears on the inside cover of your mini-journal.
Inside Cover DESCRIPTION
The Bearded Iris is one of the oldest cultivated flowers with carvings of this hardy perennial found in Egyptian temples dating back to 1500 BC. Highly valued for its medicinal properties as well as its beauty, the flower can be found from Western Europe to Nepal.
In the 1800’s, breeders in France increased the popularity of the bearded iris by developing new varieties, and by the 1920’s it was ranked as one of the top 3 perennials in American gardens.
Iris is the Greek word for “rainbow”, which is a fitting name since the flower comes in a variety of colors including blue, purple, white, yellow, pink, orange, brown, red and black.
In the Victorian language of the flower the iris symbolizes “eloquence”.
artwork by Susan Bull Riley © 2004