Baltimore Oriole Mini Journal
- Spiral bound mini journals measure 3.5″ wide x 5″ tall.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Blank pages for notes or sketching.
- There’s a story inside the cover that relates to the artwork on the front.
- Made in the USA.
- Handmade in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State
The following description appears on the inside cover of your mini-journal.
Inside Cover DESCRIPTION
Baltimore Orioles are spring and summer residents of eastern U.S. open deciduous and riparian areas. In the fall and winter they migrate to southern portions of the U.S. as well as Central and South America. Their rich, whistling song echoing from high treetops and breathtaking colors herald the return of spring.
These orioles are monogamous birds that pair together after elaborate courtship rituals that include tail and wing spread displays as well as bowing to show off their bright plumage. Females build a remarkably intricate hanging woven nest and prefer tall trees in open areas. Construction materials include grass, grapevine bark, wool and hair.
Though they are often shy they will readily come to human settlements that provide their favorite foods; they are fond of fruit and nectar as well as insects.
artwork by Susan Bull Riley © 2010