Tumbled Stones Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
The ocean gathers these stones from disparate shorelines and transports them with the tides. As they roll together in the surf, they harmonize with the symphony of the breaking waves. How many of us further their journey as we surreptitiously or shamelessly collect these heart-warming stones and carry them far inland to decorate our homes and cheer our souls?
Perhaps they can teach us to appreciate life tumbling our own rough edges, and allow the wear and tear we’ve sustained to mellow and smooth us too.
“Choose three pebbles, toss one into the sea, casting away that which we must let go of. Place one on a cairn to mark this moment’s prayer. Take one home to start a new beginning.”
-an oral custom from Iona, Scotland
artwork by Patricia Sobel
text by Susan Wiener