Sugar Maple Lokta Card
$5.00 – $8.00
- Our images are set in a frame on this beautiful, handmade paper from the Nepalese Lokta shrub.
- This tree-free paper is both environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested, providing a market for cottage industries that are Fair-Trade Certified.
- Each card comes with an envelope and is packaged individually.
- Cards are blank on the inside and have a great story on the reverse side about the picture on the front.
- Handmade cards are not available for wholesale pricing.
Back of Card DESCRIPTION
All trees are essential to life on our planet. Trees help balance weather patterns, provide homes for wildlife, shelter us from the sun. Ancient man regarded trees as intelligent living beings to be respected and honored as an expression of the Divine in nature. Trees are also considered to be wise, retaining the memory of life around them.
The sugar maple in particular represents balance and promise. These trees are true natives of North America. They grow very slowly but can live to be over 400 years old. The sugar maple regales us in autumn with a spectacular show of color, ranging from yellow to orange to darker red.
Maple syrup also comes from the sugar maple tree, a real gift from the woods! It is easy to understand why early man honored trees when looking upon a venerable old maple.
artwork by Marcia Eames-Sheavly © 2001
text by Steve Sierigk