Ocean Tumbled Stones Mini Journal
- Spiral bound mini journals measure 3.5″ wide x 5″ tall.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Blank pages for notes or sketching.
- There’s a story inside the cover that relates to the artwork on the front.
- Made in the USA.
- Handmade in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State
The following description appears on the inside cover of your mini-journal.
Inside Cover DESCRIPTION
Ocean tumbled stones, polished smooth by sand and pounding surf. Hard as a rock, yet soft to the touch. Their colors, formed deep in the earth in complete darkness, often reveal vivid colors, complex patterns and sparkling iridescence when brought out into the light.
The ocean gathers these stones from disparate shorelines and transports them with the tides. As they roll together in the surf, they harmonize with the symphony of the breaking waves. How many of us further their journey as we surreptitiously or shamelessly collect these heart-warming stones and carry them far inland to decorate our homes and cheer our souls?
Perhaps they can teach us to appreciate life tumbling our own rough edges, and allow the wear and tear we’ve sustained to mellow and smooth us too.
artwork by Particia Sobel ©2006
text by Susan Wiener