- You cannot add "Baby Sea Turtle Mini Journal" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Mountain Lion Mini Journal
- Spiral bound mini journals measure 3.5″ wide x 5″ tall.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Blank pages for notes or sketching.
- There’s a story inside the cover that relates to the artwork on the front.
- Made in the USA.
- Handmade in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State
The following description appears on the inside cover of your mini-journal.
Inside Cover DESCRIPTION
Mountain Lion (Felis concolor)
Cougar, catamount, puma, panther, screamer- all are names given to this shy and elusive predator. Unable to roar, the puma is capable of an unimaginable, penetrating scream. Largest of the North American wild cats, a male can weigh over 200 pounds and measure 8’ from nose to tip of tail.
Mountain lions are remarkably adaptable to a wide range of habitats from Canada to South America including northern alpine forests, deserts and tropical forests. They have keen eyesight and are amazingly fast; they can jump vertically up to 15’ and horizontally up to 40’! Once hunted to near extinction, mountain lion populations are making a comeback. Mountain lions are solitary creatures and are most active at dawn, dusk and at night when they roam their home area in search of prey. They commonly select deer as their prey of choice but they also hunt wild hogs, raccoons, rabbits, porcupines, elk, bighorn sheep, rodents and birds. The secretive cougar prefers to ambush their prey often from behind.
Can we learn the lesson that this beautiful and unique predator has for us, balance?
artwork by Jane Jaskevich © 2014